Wednesday, August 24, 2011

zen creating

Sometimes when i am working in graphics i find myself making things that don't really fit with what i think would sell in 3d worlds. I question myself alot then and don't finish that set usually. Which i'm thinking is kind of odd maybe. Let me show you an example :
 See what i mean? I love love the colours and the actual texture or 'tooth' of it. But it's probably not useful at all - you can see it has a very obvious blue line through it. I could take that blue away or make it go over the whole thing but that would take away from the lovely acid green or the yellow or red.
In any case, this is a texture i love and i think is creative as well. Not useful? well honestly i think it is : it has inspired me to look at ways to achieve a similar effect in a more usuable way. What think you?

I follow a zen business blog www.zenhabits.net . I particularily love this entry  . It concludes with a quote from one of my favourite writers ( i'm a big 'le petit prince' fan)

‘Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.’ ~Antoine de Saint-ExupĂ©ry

 
Have a peaceful day or evening!
Aunty Mai


No comments:

Post a Comment